So we wrapped some L trains. As daily riders of the L train ourselves, we are very sensitive to how terribly wrong ads can go when trying to be contextual and cool. Like Vimeo itself, we wanted to take a common thing (in this case, subway ads; in general, video hosting) and imbue it with some sincerity, fun, color, humor, and quality. If we could make your commute better when inside these cars, then our message of a higher quality home for your videos would be clear.
Inside the trains you’ll see a mix of normal Vimeo messaging with some (hopefully funny) contextual ads. I know I had a blast watching this campaign come together with Tamara’s words and Anthony and Shawn’s beautiful colors and, most importantly, snakes.
If you see a Vimeo car (blue or snakes) snap a picture and tag it #snakesonatrain with your thoughts. I love seeing people’s reactions, many posted so far today. It’s a really cool feeling to wrap a thing I take everyday with the thing I work on every day.
Happy 97th Birthday, Jack Kirby.
- Blue Swede | Hooked on a Feeling
- Raspberries | Go All The Way
- Norman Greenbaum | Spirit in the Sky
- David Bowie | Moonage Daydream
- Elvin Bishop | Fooled Around and Fell in Love
- 10CC | I’m Not in Love
- Jackson 5 | I Want You Back
- Redbone | Come and Get Your Love
- The Runaways | Cherry Bomb
- Rupert Holmes | Escape (The Piña Colada Song)
- The Five Stairsteps | O-O-H Child
- Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell | Ain’t No Mountain High Enough